A bite from a venomous snake is rarely deadly about 6 fatalities are reported every year but it should always be treated as a medical emergency. Even a bite from a harmless snake can be serious, leading to an allergic reaction or an infection.
Venomous snake bites can produce an array of symptoms, including localized pain and swelling, convulsions, nausea, and even paralysis.
First aid steps you can take after a snake bite occurs include cleaning the wound, remaining calm, and immobilizing the affected area. However, it’s essential to get to a medical facility immediately for emergency treatment. If treated in time, the outlook for recovery is good.
If you or someone you are with has been bitten by a snake, you will know immediately. It’s possible, though, for the bite to happen quickly and for the snake to disappear.
To identify a snake bite, consider the following general symptoms:
- two puncture wounds
- swelling and redness around the wounds
- pain at the bite site
- difficulty breathing
- vomiting and nausea
- blurred vision
- sweating and salivating
- numbness in the face and limbs
How To Treat Snake Bite
- Firstly tighten the next joint of the victim’s body to avoid over spreading,
- Make some razor cuts in about 4 inches distance to the bite spot
- Then apply cactus juice
- Watch the different blood that comes out of the cuts for the next 30 seconds.