The term cellulite was not so popular a few years back. Though it has always, existed the term is quite recent in use and became a matter of concern for women who are very conscious about their body shape and looks. Basically, there is nothing wrong if you have cellulite as it normal and natural.
So there are two options for you either you will love the dimples on your thighs or you will have to do something to remove them.
Here, we will try to tell you how cellulite develops and how you can easily get rid of it. All you have to do is to stay with us to know everything in detail.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite definition: The term cellulite defines the fat tissues that develop in the subcutaneous layer of skin and cause dimples on the upper surface.
Cellulite is very common on hips, thighs and buttock areas of women. It is also called orange-peel skin, collage cheese skin or hail damage.
Though it can affect both the gender but women have a higher chance to develop cellulite.
Almost 80-90% of women have cellulite in varying degrees due to different types of fat and connective tissue distribution.
How does Cellulite forms?
Even though 80-90% of women have cellulite, there is no exact reason we can point out for cellulite formation. So it is wise to say that there are multiple reasons may influence the cellulite formation.
So here are the main causes that contribute to developing cellulite in women in brief:
- Cellulite develops when the fat cells under the skin surface start pushing through the collagen fibers or the connective tissue, especially in the thigh and buttock areas.
- The same causes cellulite on the side of the arms and shoulders.
- Cellulite is the usual body fat. When the fat cell grows inside our body, they used to put extra force on through the connective tissues.
- Connective tissue performs the important tasks to hold on other tissues and muscles. In one word they support and connect the tissues that surrounded muscle cells and also tenders that help to attach the muscles with bones.
Hence, the connective tissues form a network of fibrous cords.
Therefore when the fat cells get extra force and pushed towards the skin the fibrous cords try to push towards the skin, the fibrous cords try them to pull down in order to hold it back.
This causes bumps and dimples on the skin.
Factors that may increase the Risk of Cellulite:
Research says that women are likely to develop cellulite at some point in their lives due to many reasons. Such as
Poor diet and inactivity may increase your chance of cellulite as lack of activity make your muscles weak. A weak muscle could not hold back the fat.
Age and Hormone Imbalance:
some hormones like estrogens, insulin, thyroxine, prolactin are part of cellulite production. Moreover, the fat cell starts increasing after a certain age when the estrogens level falls. This resulted in lower collagen growth.
Genetic factors: gene plays a vital role to define an individual’s metabolism speed, fat distributed under the skin, etc.
A sedentary lifestyle may increase the chance of cellulite growth. Eating too much-added sugar, junk food, refined carbohydrates may make you fatter and it also increases a greater amount of cellulite.
Cellulite does not cause any physical harm and there is no such discomfort or warning sign. The major signs we can find are
- Dimpling on the skin.
- Visible lumpy appearance on the flesh in the thigh, buttocks, and hips.
- It also causes an orange peel-like appearance at first.
- The affected skin gets a gelatinous appearance and it does not hurt when touched.
Cellulite Treatment and Home Remedies:
How to Get rid of cellulite? The most common question that appears in mind after noticing cellulite is how to remove it. Is there any way to eliminate this cheese or orange peel?
The fact is there is no single way of treatment for cellulite rather if you want to get rid of it you have to follow a series of treatment that may help you
1. Cellulite Treatment:
There are few processes that eliminate cellulite over time. To bid goodbye to your cellulite there are many effective ways. If you follow these treatments you can also prevent it from happening.
Liposuction: In this process, Dr. inserts a narrow tube in the affected area of the skin and suction out fat cells by tiny incision.
Ointment: The topical application of retinol ointment twice daily may be helpful.
Cryolipolysis: It is also known as the fat freezing procedure which involves the body fat to break down by cooling the fat cells.
Laser treatment: Done by inserting a small laser probe into the skin and then fired. This process breaks up the fat cell and thickens the tissues.
2. Cellulite massage or Dry Brushing:
If you have cellulite, I think you won’t mind sharing an extra few minutes before your bath to brushing or massaging the affected area.
Dry skin brushing is effective to open the skin pores and stimulate the blood circulation. Massage with a massage roller also helps to increase the lymph flow.
HOW TO DO:
- Use a non-synthetic brush with soft bristles.
- Brush the cellulite in an upward direction.
- Do not wet the brush and the skin.
- The ideal time is before bath.
If you are using roller massager you can use any lotion. It will also help you to reduce excess fluid deposition.
3. Coffee Scrub for Cellulite:
Grounded coffee beans are great scrubber and they can exfoliate dead skin very easily. Massaging coffee beans as a scrubber is useful to increase blood circulation and fixed the loose skin cell.
How to Use:
- Half cup of coffee granules.
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Two tablespoons of virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Mix all the components to form a smooth paste and apply it on the affected skin. Massage it gently in an upward direction with your palm for 15 minutes.
- Do it at least thrice a week.
- You can store the mixture in an airtight container in the freeze.
4. Weight Loss:
Cellulite formation can happen in a skinny person, but fat makes it more visible and clear. So weight loss is a good way to hide the cottage cheese-like skin tone for you if you are overweight.
Try to shed your extra calories slowly by following a healthy diet, light exercise, swimming or cycling.
5. Lifestyle and Diet:
Nobody can prevent cellulite but it’s possible to reduce the amount of cellulite by following a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet.
We cannot control our age, but choosing a healthy lifestyle we can detain cellulite formation. So make a food list that will help you to reduce cellulite. Here are some suggestions-
What foods to eat to lose cellulite:
Food to eat
- Leafy vegetables.
- Sprouts and whole grains.
Foods not to be included:
- Red meat.
- Canned Soup.
- White bread.
6. Apple cider vinegar for Cellulite:
The most accepted solution to many complicated situations is apple cider vinegar. The main components are calcium, potassium, magnesium which help to treat cellulite, eradicate the toxins from our body and also prevent the deposition of excess water over the thigh areas.
How to Get rid of cellulite with Apple Cider Vinegar:
How to use:
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 2 cups of water.
- Add a few honey drops.
- Blend the mixture and apply it over the affected areas.
- Wait for 30 minutes to get the best result.
7. Juniper Oil for Cellulite:
Juniper oil is another powerful agent that helps to prevent unwanted fluid absorption in our body. Fortunately, it helps to reduce cellulite along with it.
How to use:
- 7 to 8 drops of juniper oil.
- ½ cup of olive oil.
- Blend the mixture and apply over the affected areas for 15 minutes.
- Apply twice daily for about a month to get the result.
8. Omega-3 for Cellulite:
How to Get rid of cellulite with Omega 3? Another successful way to treat cellulite is to consume foods with omega-3 fatty acids. It contains fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins which help to bring up a powerful immune system by smoothening the tissues and skin.
Proper consumption of omega-3 daily will give us a cellulite-free body. Flaxseed, walnuts, and fishes like salmon, trout, and mackerel contain loads of omega 3 fatty acids.
But if you are not a fish lover you can take cod liver oil capsule.
9. Daily Moisturizing:
Does moisturizing prevent cellulite? Moisturizer helps to hold the water in the outermost layer of the skin. Hence it keeps our skin hydrated and protects it from drying. Therefore using a natural moisturizer is always recommended for any type of skin and those who have cellulite must do it daily.
Coconut oil is the best natural moisturizer that we can use on our skin during any season. It contains a high amount of fatty acid as well as other nutritional agents which are equally good for the skin.
Massaging coconut oil will help to tighten the collagen layer and prevent it to form cellulite. You can also make body lotion using coconut oil at home.
How To Make Body Lotion:
- Half cup of almond oil or jojoba oil.
- One-fourth cup of virgin coconut oil.
- 4 to 5 vitamin E capsules to get one teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- One fourth cup beeswax and two teaspoons of cocoa butter.
- Two or three drops essential oil of your choice.
- Keep all the ingredients (almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax) in a glass bowl and heat it in low temperature in an oven or by using a double boiler system.
- As the ingredients start melting stir it well and slowly mix the essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- Store in an airtight glass gat or container. This homemade lotion is more effective to reduce cellulite and will keep your skin more hydrated.
10. Exercises for cellulite:
Daily leg exercises have been proved beneficial to improve the muscle tone which lasts for a long time.
Although exercise does not have any direct link to remove cellulite, daily work out at home can tighten your skin around the thighs and hips.
Thus it makes cellulite less visible. The helpful exercises are:
- Jump squats.
- Kicking side to side.
Last but not least, cellulite is not a disease and it does not cause any threat to your life. But yes, if it makes you feel embarrassed, you can just try some of the natural ways to reduce the cellulite visibility.
But above all, a healthy lifestyle can help you to prevent cellulite and get a cellulite-free body. So eat healthy and stay well. So, friends, we hope that after going through the above How to Get rid of cellulite fast at home will surely help you.
For any important information please contact us Email GadgetsNg firstname.lastname@example.org