Health Benefits of Soursop Leaves:
Soursop leaves are rich in several compounds including protein, calcium,
fructose, fat, vitamins A and B and the like. Thus, the leaves have excellent
medicinal properties making them usable as an ingredient in several herbal
health products. The health benefits of soursop leaves are as follows.
- Treatment of Cancer:
- Soursop leaves can inhibit cancer cells and cure cancer more quickly and effectively.
Soursop leaves cancer treatment is one of the most potent
cures till date.
- Treatment of Uric Acid: Soursop extract used to show its effects on the xanthine oxidase activity by inhibition its ability to produce uric acid, the principal reason for the gout and other inflammatory diseases. The fractionation results shows that the major fraction of phenolic compounds is cumarin separated by revise phase high performance chromatography (HPLC) which shows by in vitro test a considerable inhibition of the xanthine oxidase activity equal to 72.15 ± 0.70 compared with positive control (Allopurinol) (P < 0.05) which lead to reduce production of uric acid. The atomic absorption analysis (AA) of trace elements (Fe, Zn, Mg, P) shows the presence of such metals in soursop sample in an amount nessacery for many metabolic processes in human body. In conclusion the cumarin can used as treatment for gout instead of allpurinol because of its side effect. Further histopathological studies need to explore such study to show the effect of cumarin and trace elements on liver and other organs in animal samples.
- Treatment of Back Pain:
- Back pain is commonly experienced these days, particularly while exercising.
Using chemical drugs for back pain can cause side effects. Soursop leaves
are an effective herbal remedy for treating back pain without any negative
- Treatment of Eczema and Rheumatism:
- Rheumatic diseases are commonly observed in elderly people, causing great pain. Soursop leaves are a natural treatment for arthritis pain.
- Treatment of Diabetes:
- The limit of normal sugar levels ranges from 70 mg to 120 mg. The nutrients in soursop leaves are believed to stabilize blood sugar levels in the normal range
- Boosts the Immune System and Prevents Infections:
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, soursop leaves are extremely effective in inhibiting the growth of bacteria, virus, parasites and tumor development.
Their healing properties make them capable of being used as an anti-seizure medication.
They are also capable of reducing fever and lowering high blood pressure.
They help in treating inflammation and swollen
feet. Don’t underrate the power of this herbs surrounding us.
They aid in digestion and improve appetite.
How to prepare
For high potency of the leaf, get and pound it as fresh as it is
Squeeze out the juice of 10cl and mix with boiled ginger water of 30cl
Add two tea spoon of honey
Shake or stir for 10 mins
Drink 3 tea spoon per day
For Eczema, use the leaf juice and apply on the affected area.
Get the leaf
Boil it with ginger and sieve out the water
Take 10cl per day
This is especially for diabetic patients.