Nutmeg grows on an evergreen tree with the scientific classification Myristica fragrans. It is a native plant from Indonesia. It is a delicate and slightly sweet spice that is largely used in cuisines around the globe.
Nutmeg is known to impact health in various ways because of its nutritive content of vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds related to the essential oils.
These beneficial components include dietary fiber, manganese, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, copper, and macelignan.
Table of Contents
The following are the health benefits of Nutmeg:
- Pain reliever
- Promotes digestive and brain health
- Detoxify the body
- Oral health (It kills bacteria that cause bad breath)
- Help lower blood pressure and circulation
HOW TO USE!
- Add the powdered content to food while preparing it.
- Add to boiling water, boil for 5 mins.
- Pour into a cup and wait for it to cool off.
- Drink like tea.