Rose water is a liquid made from water and rose petals. It is used as a perfume due to its sweet scent, but it has medicinal and culinary values, as well.
Rosewater Benefits For Skin & Hair
- Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
- Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
- Rose water helps hydrate, revitalize and moisturize the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
- The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth.
- The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
- It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
How to use it
You can purchase rose water, or you can make it yourself. Once you have it, there are a number of different ways you can use it, including the following:
- Use it as a facial cleanser or toner. Just rinse your face with rose water after washing with your normal cleanser.
- Use it in recipes, such as hibiscus iced tea with rose water.
- Create a rose water mist by adding it to a spray bottle. This can relieve stress. You can mist the rose water on your wrists, face, or even onto your pillow.