We all know the benefits of eating bananas, but many of us overlook the benefit of eating banana stem. Banana stem juice has many health benefits and can be made at home very easily. Almost every part of the banana tree can be used in some way or the other. The flowers, fruit and stems can be eaten, the leaves can be used as plates.
The juice extracted from the soft inner portion of the banana stem contains an array of nutrients that can help with various health problems. It is especially rich in fibers, vitamin B6 and potassium.
Various Health Problems and Remedy
For Kidney Stones:
Banana stem juice is recommended for dissolving kidney stones.Nowadays, even doctors recommend including banana stem in the diet, for patients who suffer from gall bladder stones. If you are suffering from gall bladder stones, include banana stem in the diet at least weekly once.
The banana stem juice and lime juice mixture is an excellent remedy for kidney stones.
Remedy For kidney Stones
- You will need a cup of chopped banana stem
- Juice of half a lemon
- A cup of water and a pinch of salt
- Soak the chopped banana stem for about an hour in water
- Put the banana stem along with the water in a blender and blend to extract the juice
- Strain the liquid and add the lemon juice and pinch of salt
- Drink this cup of banana stem juice daily in the morning on empty stomach to dissolve the kidney stones.
For Weight Loss:
Banana stem is full of fiber, a cup of banana stem is very filling and will keep you satiated for a long time. Try to include it in your weight loss plan for fast results.
Drinking a cup of banana stem juice helps in treating hyper acidity. You can also have it on empty stomach.
For Constipation :
Since plantain stem is full of fiber, it will greatly help people who are constipated. If you want to consume it as a juice for treating constipation, make sure not to strain the juice.
For Diabetic Patients:
Banana stem is excellent for diabetics, as it does not raise the blood sugar level sharply but drink the juice without straining it to retain the fiber.
For Urinary Tract Infections:
Banana stem juice is also very effective for treating urinary tract infections. Many people don’t use banana stem in their diet because it takes time to clean and cut the banana stem. But banana stem once cleaned and cut can be soaked in buttermilk and stored in the refrigerator for days.
Everyday, you can take the required amount of the banana stem and then make the juice. If the buttermilk gets too sour, you can change the buttermilk alone. This way, we save so much of time and you can consume banana stem often too.
To make the banana stem juice,
- Take the cut banana stem along with salt, pepper, roasted jeera powder and fresh yogurt and
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Thin it down to the desired thickness with boiled water.
- It is really tasty and you should drink immediately, once it is made, for best results..