Pawpaw also known as papaya is a type of fruit eaten by many, it’s has a unique taste and texture. The mature and ripe one has a sweet taste with crunchy texture similar to carrot, while the overripe one is softer and sweeter.
This wonderful, refreshing and easy to make pawpaw juice is a must try and can be made in all season, it’s one of those recipes with ease.
Pawpaw is a sweet and delicious fruit that contains high fiber and zero cholesterol, zero fat and zero sodium. It is an excellent source of dietary fibre and potassium. Without much Ado let’s move to the preparation of pawpaw juice.
1 Sweet Ripe Pawpaw ( soft one)
1 Lemon( To taste)
2 tbsp Sugar, Honey,
3 Ice Cube
4 Cups Water
Method of preparation
For best results use ripe and soft pawpaw
1. Wash the Pawpaw thoroughly before you start peeling it to remove dirt’s and germs.
2. Peel off the skin and scrape out the seeds from the core using a spoon. Chop into very smaller sizes.
3. Put the chopped Pawpaw into the blender. Add the water, lemon juice, sweetener and blend till smooth. The lemon juice helps to add a fruity taste and also helps to extend the life of the Pawpaw juice. You can choose to increase or decrease the quantity of water depending on how thick you want it, but mind you when it becomes too thick, it is not longer a juice but a smoothie.
4. After blending them, add the ice cubes then blend again to make till chill, but you can skip this if you want to refrigerate and keep, but if you want to consume it immediately add the ice cube then blend. Serve chilled with your favorite snacks.
Pawpaw is believed to have some medicinal properties and are often used treatment of bacterial infections.
1. It prevents and kill cancer cells due to its antioxidants properties.
2. It is used to treat digestives disorder due to it’s papain( an enzyme from it).
3. It boost make virility because it’s contains an enzyme known as arginine which doctors use in boosting blood flow around the manhood.
4. It prevents bad cholesterol from oxidizing which forms plaque in blood vessels wall that can lead to heart attack or stroke.
5. It also cured heartburns, hernia( a protrusion of an organ or it’s part) and gastritis (inflammation).