The EPFO, short for Employee Provident Fund Organization, is a non-constitutional organization that works as an employee retirement scheme. The government of India introduced this scheme in 1951, and it is governed by the ministry of labor and employment.
The government has now provided an online EPF member portal, where you can access various services related to your EPF account. So, what services does the EPF member portal provide? Let’s find out.
The 4 Services That the EPF Portal Allows You To Do
While there are many benefits of using the EPF portal, here are the 4 major services that you can access at the EPF member portal.
- Update Your KYC Details
You can add and link various KYC details to your EPF account, including your bank account, Aadhaar, or even PAN details. Here’s how you can do that.
- Visit the EPF Portal
- Login to the portal using your UAN number and password that is provided by your employer or organization.
- Once you are logged in, a new page will appear.
- Search for the “Manage” category and click on it.
- Then click on KYC, which will open a new page.
- Here you can enter various types of KYC details, including Aadhaar, Voter, Driving license, and PAN, among many others.
- You can choose one of the KYC details or many.
- Once you are done, click on “Save.”
- After it’s saved, check out the “KYC Pending For Approval” category, where you will find all the KYC details that you have added just now.
- It will take some time for these documents to get verified. Suppose, if you added your Pan details, the EPF portal would contact the Income-tax Department to verify the details that you provided.
- Once it’s verified, it will be available in the “Digitally Approved category.”
You can nominate someone in your EPF account who will receive the amount of money you have in the EPF in the event of your death. Previously it had to be done offline by filling up forms, but now it can be done online digitally. Follow these steps to know how to add e-nominations.
- Visit the EPF portal as you did before.
- Login to the portal using your UAN number and password and then search for the “Managed” category.
- Click on the “Managed” category and select E-nominations.
- Enter all the details it asks, such as the nominee’s name, gender, date of birth, and their relation to you, among other details. If the nominee is a minor at the time of filling the E-nominations, then you will also have to add the name of their guardian.
- Once everything is added, click on “Save EPF Nominations.”
- Now, you will get a message that you have successfully added a nominee to your account.
- Request For Transfer
What if you want to change jobs? What happens to your previous EPF account? Also, will you get another UAN number? Well, let’s start with the EPF account first. When you change jobs, you will get a new EPF account created by your new employer, but your UAN number will be the same. There’s only one UAN number person, and so you will have to use the same UAN number that you used before to log into the new EPF account. With the EPF portal, you can transfer your previous EPF account balance to your new EPF account. Here’s how to do that.
- Visit the EPF portal and search for the “Online Service Section.”
- Click on that and then select “One Member-One EPF Account,” also known as Transfer Request.
- Set all the details about the previous EPF account from which the amount of money will be transferred.
- After that, it will ask for your UAN number to authenticate if all the details are correct.
- After that, you will get an OTP, and the authentication will be complete as soon as you enter it.
- You will now get a message saying that you have successfully applied for the EPF balance transfer request.
- Raise Claims
You can raise withdrawal or full settlement claims using the same EPF employee portal. Follow these steps to do so.
- Select the “Online Services” from the EPF portal.
- After that click on “Claim(Form 31, 19 & 10C).”
- Here, you will enter the last 4 digits of the bank account number that is associated with your EPF account.
- After successful verification, you will have to select “Proceed to Online Claim.”
- Choose the appropriate claims options that you want and click on apply.
- Now, fill in the address and click on “Generate Aadhaar OTP.”
- Enter the OTP and click enter.
After the successful verification of the OTP, you will get a message that will say your choice of claim request has been registered successfully.