Garlic health benefits are plentiful which include reversing heart disease, improving the health of diabetics and also preventing and fighting various forms of cancer.
As garlic is consumed in small amounts, its bioactive components – sulfur and phytonutrients – have many health benefits.
7 Amazing Benefits Of Garlic Skin
1. Garlic Skin Improves Bone Health
Age and unhealthy lifestyle can make your bones weak, which means that fractures and osteoporosis will set in much earlier.
Garlic has been found to be effective against osteoporosis and arthritis. In a study, scientists supplemented lab rats with garlic oil and found that garlic oil was able to suppress ovariectomy-induced bone resorption.
Another group of researchers concluded that the diallyl disulfide helps to suppress the matrix degrading enzymes and therefore prevents damage to the bones.
- Consume 2-3 raw garlic cloves per day to improve bone health.
2. Garlic Skin Regulate Blood Sugar
High blood sugar can make you prone to developing diabetes, blood pressure, obesity etc. If you are suffering from high blood sugar, you must include garlic in your diet.
A source conducted an experiment with raw and boiled garlic and found that raw garlic significantly reduced blood glucose levels in lab animal models .
Consume raw garlic instead of the cooked bulb to help lower the blood sugar levels.
- Consume 3-4 cloves of raw garlic to lower your blood sugar levels.
Garlic contains diallyl sulfide that helps inhibit oxidative stress, selenium present in garlic is known to have cancer-fighting properties, prevents DNA mutation and uncontrolled cell proliferation, and metastasis .
So, if you want to lower the risk of cancer, consume garlic along with leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Consume at least 1 raw clove of garlic daily every morning to reduce risk of cancer.
5. Garlic Skin Helps In Reducing Yeast Infections
Yeast infections can be both embarrassing and distressing.
Garlic is a natural remedy for yeast infections. Scientists have found that fresh garlic extract is highly effective against Candida infections.
In another study, the researchers found that garlic was effective against candida vaginitis.
- Consume 2-3 cloves of raw garlic every day. Do not apply raw garlic on the infected area.
- Drink 2 or 3 glasses a day for a month or two depending on your body size and weight.
Garlic contains phytonutrients that are antioxidant in nature.
Antioxidants flush out toxins and reduce oxidative stress in the body, which prevents you from falling sick or being prone to DNA mutations and disrupted cell functions.
Researchers have also found that supplementing with garlic helped increase different types of immune cells in the body.
- Consume 1-2 raw garlic cloves per day to boost your immunity.
It is impossible to believe, but garlic has also been found to help improve eye health. Scientists have found that garlic reduces intraocular pressure .
The antimicrobial property of garlic is also effective against the microbes causing eyesight threatening keratitis.
Scientists have also found that garlic juice can help prevent lead-induced apoptosis of the retinal cells in rats.
- Consume 3-4 cloves of raw garlic after breakfast to protect your eyes.
7. Garlic Skin Helps Fade Stretch Marks
The moment you hear about stretch marks, all you wish is for them to vanish! Well, they are stubborn, and our skin is elastic. To reduce stretch marks can take a long time if you don’t put in extra effort to get rid of them. Hot oil massage with garlic may help reduce stretch marks, and you must try it with olive oil or mustard oil.
- Heat mustard oil and add 2-3 cloves of garlic. When you start to smell the garlic, remove from flame and let it cool down a bit. You can use it when it’s still warm. Massage in circular motion.