- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure, especially due to mitral stenosis
- Crack cocaine use
- Foreign objects in your airways
- Inflammatory or autoimmune conditions (such as lupus, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, microscopic polyangiitis, Churg-Strauss syndrome)
- Lung abscess
- Lung cancer
- Non-cancerous lung tumors
- Parasitic infection
- Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Pulmonary embolism
- Trauma, such as a gunshot wound or car accident
- Use of blood thinners (anticoagulation)
- If the blood comes with phlegm or saliva, a doctor should be consulted immediately without any carelessness.
- The mouth should be kept clean.
- The force should not be applied while brushing.
- The patient should take nutritive diet always, because it increases the fighting power against disease in his body.
- Fruits and vegetables should be taken 2 times a day.
- Meat should be taken in little quantity.
- Fish should be taken in spite of red meat.
- Minimum 8-10 glasses of water should be drunk in a day.
- Intoxicating materials and smoking.
Using Paragis (Goose Grass/ Wild Grass/ Dog’s Tail)
We can find this weed almost everywhere throughout the Philippines and mostly in warm countries. This grass is widely spread along river banks, settled areas and even along roads! And because of our ignorance about the abundance of its uses, it is normally ignored by many.
What are the Health Benefits of Paragis
- Paragis is widely used in Africa as an alternative medicine to different kinds of illnesses.
- Leaf of Paragis contain silicon monoxide, calcium oxide, and chlorine.
- Dried leaves contain protein.
- Many declared it to be anti-inflammatory, a natural antihistamine, a natural diuretic, antidiabetic, an effective anti-oxidant and has cytotoxic properties.
Parts of Paragis that Can Be Used as a Herbal Medicine
- Paragis leaves
- Drinking boiled leaves of Paragis or making a Paragis Tea will ease several pains and heal hemoptysis.
- Boil the stem with leaves to achieve more effective results
- Drinking boiled roots can also cure several illnesses.