Dark spots on the skin, or hyperpigmentation, occur when some areas of the skin produce more melanin than usual.
Have you tried treating dark spots on your own without getting the results you want? Do you constantly see new dark spots appear as others fade?
a. Vitamin C present in lemons lightens dark spots and patches
b. The antioxidants present in it act as anti-aging.Why Lemon?
c. It is helpful in removing excess oil and sebum from the skin pores
d. The acidic nature of it kills bacteria and reduces formation of new pimples.
e. It has natural bleaching properties which can penetrate easily into the skin and reduce the melamine production.
f. It removes dead cells and encourages the production of new and healthy cells.
g. It helps to tighten large pores, deep cleanse the pores and refresh the skin.
(1) LEMON WITH POTATO
Potato has bleaching (skin lightening) properties just like lemon. This combination will lighten the skin more effectively.
- Grate and squeeze juice from 1 potato.
- Mix equal amounts of potato and lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and let it stay for 40 minutes.
- Wash with water and pat dry.
- Or you can also add 1 teaspoon of honey to lemon and potato mixture.
- Apply and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
Follow the process 2 – 3 times a week to achieve desired results.
(2) LEMON JUICE WITH TURMERIC
Turmeric helps to clear acne scars, inflammation and oil secretion. These combinations work well for oily skin.
Process 1: Lemon Juice with Turmeric
- Combine 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and turmeric.
- Stir well and apply it covering the dark skin.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Or you can also add 1 teaspoon yogurt to the mixture and follow the same process.
Repeat this process daily before going to bed.
(3) LEMON WITH SUGAR AND EGG WHITE
Sugar exfoliates dead and damaged skin. The astringent properties shrink pores and reduce wrinkles.
- Combine 2 tablespoons natural sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 egg white.
- Stir well to make thick paste.
- Gently scrub this mixture over the skin in circular motion for few minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry.