Makhana has low sodium content while being rich in potassium and magnesium.
This helps one keep blood pressure under control, and prevent cardiovascular diseases. Thus, makhanas are good for the heart. Moreover, its low glycemic index helps one keep their blood sugar levels in check.
Nutritional value of Makhana:
Super food makhana are rich in proteins and fibre and low in fat. 100 grams of makhana gives around 347 calories of energy.
There are around 9.7 grams of proteins and 14.5 grams of fibre in makhana. Makhanas are a very good source of calcium.
They also contain magnesium, potassium and phosphorus in good amount. Few vitamins in less quantity are also present in makhana.
Health Benefits of Makhana (Fox Nuts) Are:
1. Fox nuts have really high protein content. This is why they make such an important part of fasting food because a handful can provide you with energy to last the entire day. Most snacks are either deep-fried or have a high amount of preservatives and additives. Having a bowl of fox nuts will fill you up and also keep the calories in check.
2. Fox nuts make for great anti-ageing food as they have an abundance of anti-oxidants. A handful every day can keep you looking younger and making your skin glow. The catch is that they must not be consumed as a fried snack.
3. Fox nuts are great snack food for diabetics and heart patients as they contain good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats. These properties make makhanas good weight-loss food.
4. Fox nuts are high in fibre. The digestive process gets sorted with them as they prevent constipation and add bulk to the stool.
5. Fox nuts are great detoxifying agents. They aid in flushing out toxins from the body. They are really beneficial to the spleen which is like a graveyard for cells in the body. It recycles the RBCs (red blood cells). The spleen is the nerve centre of the immune system because it also stores white blood cells and the platelets.
6. Having fertility issues? Fox nuts will come to the rescue. Touted as an aphrodisiac, they help with premature ejaculation, improve quality of semen and help women suffering from infertility.
7. Fox nuts have a low glycemic index which means that they release glucose slowly in the blood. This keeps you feeling full for longer.
8. Those suffering from wheat allergies can gorge on fox nuts as they are gluten-free but still high on protein and carbohydrate content.
9. They are high on magnesium and potassium and low on sodium. This makes fox nuts an ideal snack for those watching their weight. The high potassium and low sodium is a great combination for patients suffering from hypertension. The potassium brings down the blood pressure and sodium tries to bring it up. So those who suffer from high blood pressure can snack on fox nuts without facing any spikes in their bp.
10. Fox nuts have a natural compound, kaempferol that reduces inflammation in the body. Inflammation is responsible for most modern diseases like diabetes, arthritis, rheumatism. Also, fox nuts have antibacterial properties.
Excess Consumption May Lead to Side Effects like:
Digestive issues like constipation, gas and feeling bloated.
Spike in insulin levels may lower blood sugar levels tremendously in patients with diabetes. So excess intake must be avoided.
They can cause allergies in some people.
For any important information please contact us Email GadgetsNg firstname.lastname@example.org